Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Egg toast

For me this makes for a quick, scrumptious breakfast. I like soft white bread, but you could make these toasts with a fibre-rich bread varieties as well.

Ingredients:
5-6 slices of white bread/loaf
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
Salted butter

Method:
In a pan, melt some salted butter. Beat eggs in a soup plate, add some salt and whisk. Take a slice of loaf and dip it in the beaten eggs. Coat both sides of the loaf with the egg mixture. Place the egg in the heated pan and "toast" both sides. The butter has a tendency to turn brown, so adjust the heat as required. I slightly press the bread against the pan with a spatula to make sure it gets toasted properly. Toast both sides until golden brown. Serve warm and crispy with butter, cheese, maple syrup, marmalade and/or fresh fruits!

1 comment:

Raksha said...

very quick toast. I too prepare but in a different way :)

Do participate in my first event "Desserts with Coconuts" :)

Since I am from Goa, I chose Coconuts as a plenty of desserts can be made with them :)